Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Flea Market

Today I made another trip to the flea market. We've decided to simply make it a weekly event until we stop making at least $50 a week. I like the flea market. We've used it with varying degrees of success as a tool for making a few bucks while decluttering. But that's where my enjoyment stops. We've gone a few times over the years but rarely leave with anything of use. It's not a "good" flea market consistently.

As I sat there looking around that the people milling about looking to buy and the vendors looking to sell I was struck with one thought. This entire building is exactly why I am moving towards minimalism. It was an entire building of people selling their crap so that they can be the people buying other's crap. One big cycle. In fact the most common thing to occur is for the "regular" sellers to pounce on new sellers before they even get their table set up. Looking for the great buy, the "score". And all I could think was "How sad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment