Thursday, January 13, 2011

Entryway Bench

We have a tiny little entrance. At the end I had placed a bench with cubbies. It was meant to serve as a place to sit and put on shoes. A place to hold the girls' hats/mitts/umbrellas/sunglasses/etc. It fit the area but barely and made moving from the living room to the the bedrooms and bathroom a little tight. My husband has never liked it. But I have resisted moving it or getting rid of it.

Why? Because we needed it to keep the girls' stuff in. Never mind we had a huge closet directly across from it. Because it's where I put my purse/diaper bag/shopping bags when we came in. Because it's where I put things to be returned to friends/the library/stores. But in reality it became a massive clutter collector that was the first thing we saw when we came home.

Today I cleared it off and out. I moved it out of the space for a trial period. And immediately fell in love with it's absence. Tomorrow it will be cleaned, photographed and listed on kijiji.

No comments:

Post a Comment